Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Who are the funniest Jews?














We all love lists, maybe because we can so easily argue about them. Well, here's a list of the 15 Top Living Jewish Comedians, compiled by Jeremy Elias for Beliefnet.com. Top of the list is Mel Brooks ("Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when I fall into an open sewer and die.") and last is Jeffrey Ross (original name, Lifschulz). Most of the usual suspects are there (but not Jacky Mason!). On my list, I would have included Gad Elmaleh from Paris and, of course, Marc Shiff from Pico-Robertson.

1 comment:

Jeremy Elias said...

Thanks for picking up my story. I'll admit, Jackie Mason should have been up there, but his politics are killing me. You really want to complain about something, maybe Sid Caesar.

- Jeremy Elias

 
Politics Blogs